On April 30, 2013, an episode of Geo Scienza, on the national Italian television RAI 3, has been entirely dedicated to DIRHA. In these 12 minutes Omologo tells about DIRHA and MEMS microphones.
The episode can be seen here.
The Year 1 Review Meeting was held in Luxembourg, at the Euroforum EC building, on March 12, 2013. Agenda and presentation slides can be found in the Members Area.
In the last months, the project achievements have been presented in the following conferences and workshops:
- 21-23 November 2012: DIRHA members (TU-Graz) attended Iberspeech 2012 in Madrid, Spain and presented papers.
- 4-5 October 2012: DIRHA members (INESC-ID) attended MediaEval 2012 Workshop in Pisa, Italy, and presented papers. Also, the DIRHA project has been presented with a poster.
- 30 September- 3 October 2012: DIRHA members (Athena RC-IAMU) attended the International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP 2012) in Orlando, Florida, USA, and presented papers.
- 26-28 Sep. 2012 DIRHA members (TU Graz) attended the ITG Conference on Speech Communication 2012, Braunschweig, Germany, 2012 and presented a paper.
- 9-13 Sep. 2012: DIRHA members (FBK, INESC-ID, TU-Graz) attended the 13th Conference of the International Speech Communication Association (InterSpeech 2012) in Portland, Oregon, and presented papers.
- 9 Sep. 2012: DIRHA members (INESC-ID) organized a tutorial about robust speech processing entitled "Uncertainty Handling For Environment-Robust Speech Recognition" at the 13th Conference of the International Speech Communication Association (InterSpeech 2012) in Portland, Oregon.
- 4-6 September 2012: DIRHA members (FBK) attended the International Workshop on Acoustic Signal Enhancement (IWAENC 2012) in Aachen, Germany, and presented papers.
- 27-31 August 2012: DIRHA members (FBK, Athena RC-IAMU) attended the European Signal Processing Conference (EUSIPCO 2012) in Bucharest, Romania, presented papers, and distributed DIRHA brochures.
- 4 July 2012: DIRHA was widely discussed in an internal workshop, which joined researchers from L2F and VIMMI (Visualization and Intelligent Multimodal Interfaces), at INESC-ID.
In the last months, the project has been promoted during these events:
- Petros Maragos, “Modulation Models in Speech and Video Processing”, University of Washington, Dept. EE, (invited talk) on 19 December 2012.
- Maurizio Omologo, "DIRHA - Distant-speech interaction for robust home applications", INRIA Rennes, (invited talk) on 23 November 2012.
- Maurizio Omologo, "Multi-microphone signal processing for distant speech interaction" at Human Activity and Vision Summer School (HAVSS) INRIA Sophia, Antipolis (invited lecture) on 3 October 2012.
- R.F. Astudillo, L. Deng, and E. Vincent, "Uncertainty Handling for Environment-Robust Speech Recognition", Tutorial at Interspeech, September 2012.